Before you eat another peanut, test your knowledge by taking this quick quiz and learn something in the process!
Whether you’re The Nutty Professor or Nut Job, almost everybody loves peanut butter, right? But people tend to be very particular about how they like to eat it
We surveyed our Manhattan Fruitier family to see how much variation we would find when we asked the question:
“How do you like your peanut butter sandwich?”
The first big surprise was that one person hates peanut butter! Another surprise was that quite a few of us liked it the same simple way: on two slices of bread with either grape jelly or strawberry jam, although people were quite specific in their preference for chunky/crunchy versus smooth/creamy.
A few of us gave quite detailed descriptions:
– On whole grain bread, smash a banana on it and cover with crunchy peanut butter and a pinch of salt, then put the whole thing in the toaster oven.
– Butter a single slice of toasted white bread and spread smooth peanut butter and mixed berry jam on top. Must have it with a glass of tomato juice.
– Only eats peanut butter (crunchy) on celery sticks.
– Lots of chunky peanut butter, lots of grape jelly on untoasted white bread. The peanut butter has to be spread all the way to the very edge of the bread and the peanut butter and jelly has to be on both slices of bread.
– Open-faced on multi-grain toasted bread with smooth peanut butter, sliced banana and drizzled with honey.
How do you prefer your peanut butter sandwich?